Sunday, 11 December 2011

Clothes Show Favourites

So last week I was lucky enough to win tickets to the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham thanks to @stradatweet So if you've been before you will know that there's a lot of freebies you can get your hands on as well as a lot of great deal from brands such as LOVE, Barry M, Boujois and Models Own.

So here is my round up of the day and the goodies I managed to get my hands on.


Free with a magazine I got this lovely little lip moisturiser from softlips. It smells great but not too powerful and also comes in a nice stick as with the little pots such as Vaseline I tend to want to put it on whilst I'm doing my makeup and normally have concealer and foundation over my fingers. Generally resulting in very odd coloured lips that don't really get very well moisturised.




One of the biggest deals of the day was at the Models Own stand. £10 for 3 nail polishes of your choice and then a bag full of other Models Own products. Admittedly the colours were a bit hit and miss but I'm sure I'll find a use for them, I got a few eyeshadows, lip glosses, and a lipstick.


Staying with make up was the 'w7' stand, a brand I'd never heard of before but 5 products for £10 couldn't really be missed out on, after getting a few brushes, you can never have enough, I also got a few nail polishes. I haven't tried them yet but at this price I stuck with the darker colours as cheaper lighter colours I tend to find a bit disappointing. I'd also imagine that they'd be needing at least 2 coats to really work as well, but hopefully with a good base and top coat they'll last.





Another brand I managed to get my hands on was Glossy box who were selling their December box for only £5 to takeaway.

The box contained Nail Rock nail wraps, Philip Kingsley Hair Elasticizer, FC5 Ultra Hydrating hand cream, Dead Sea Spa Magik Shower Gel and Illamasqua 'Freak' East de Parfum Sample. It also contained the above discount codes, they seem to be unique codes but although I liked the box I've already signed up for the Feel Unique box so won't be using them myself. So feel free to use them yourself!

Better review of the products in the December Glossybox coming soon!




However What was probably my favourite purchase of the day was this bag from one of the stalls.A cheeky little Alexa with a little Mulberry tree on. I've been using it a few days and so far it seems to be quite sturdy and is definitely a lot less floppy than my other bag! Although I'm not sure if the little clasp will hold out for much longer and the strap on top is really too small to put your arm through, but for £20 I can't really complain too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting.
X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover